Tub Reglazing Tampa FL
The first question you may have about bathtub reglazing is which types of tubs can be restored. All of the following are candidates for resurfacing projects:
- Vintage clawfoot tub
- Classic porcelain soaker
- Special jacuzzi tub
- Standalone cast iron tub
- Standard fiberglass bathtub
What Are The Tips Of Tub Reglazing?
It is undeniable that the tub reglazing can add original charm to your antique lavatories, bathtubs, and pedestal sinks. Bathtub refinishing professionals are experienced for repairing, restoration, and reglazing to make things easier. All vintage fixtures need a work of art that bathtub reglazing deserves to restore them.
Our work makes any porcelain finish (repair chips and crack) glossy and bright exactly the day it was manufactured. Our experienced craftsmen have worked in historic hotels, pedestal sinks, and Victorian bathtubs.
We are all aware that the bathtub is the centerpiece of the bathroom; it requires more attention than any other surfaces. An experience tub refinisher can suggest the restoration process for each style, size, and shape of tub.
What Are Approaches To Reglazing a Tub?
There are different approached for reglazing bathtubs, but you can follow these steps to make things easier for you -
STEP: 1 - Replace The Old Tub With New
To shut the supply of water (hot and cold), you have to disconnect or loosen the drain line and supply line. To remove the old tub, you need several helpers. Take off the old tub to the garage or well-vented location because the iron tubs have more weight (250 to 400 pounds).
STEP:2 - Make A Preparation Foot Tub Reglazing
- Once the tub is removed from the original place, then the next step is reglazing and stripping. To attain the desired goal for everything, you need good preparation.
- With the plastic drop cover the workable area, this is to protect the furniture and surface from the strippers and reglazing chemicals.
- If the tub has valves, pop-up, or drain, then remove it with keen attention.
- After this, remove the paint with the paint stripper (if the paint is of latex).
The following are the guidelines given by the manufacturer to spray with the pump sprayer.
- Wait till the time the paint does not bubble up.
- With the help of coarse steel wool, scrub the loosened paint.
- Depending on the surface of the paint tub, the stripper can be used.
STEP: 3 - Make-Use Of Acid-Etch
For this step, you need a respirator mask. It involves the use of lacquer thinner or methylene chloride, which gives strong fumes.
- To remove the remnants of paint, apply and thoroughly scrub the methylene chloride or lacquer thinner on the entire tub—then wash off the tub with normal water.
- At the time of rinsing, make sure you have some type of receptacle that the harmful chemical with water can be disposed of. Team Tampa Tub & Tile Refinishing always makes a spare piece of guttering (drain water) into the plastic bucket.
- At last, to give them a finish, use the chemical bonding agent. The chemical bonding and paint will retaliate with each other. These solutions, the porcelain, and tiles become long-lasting.
- The use of acid-etch is for the top edge cleaning of the tub, after that with the 240 grit sandpaper or scouring pad and scrub it well. Afterward, rinse with clean water.
STEP: 4 - Use The Degreaser Cleaner For the Tub
- Degreaser cleaner is useful to clean the dirt and corrosion from the copper drain. You have to prepare the solution (water and degreaser cleaner) in a tub.
- Then with a scouring pad, scrub the tub and remove away any residue.
- Afterward, rinse it with normal water.
STEP:5 - Use Adhesive For Non-Painting Surface Of Tub
- The adhesive cleaner is used for the surface that you won't be painting, such as metal claw-feet.
- For cleaning, you only need a light film of chemical adhesive because the adheser is a bonding agent.
- Manage the work according to the instructions given by manufacturers.
STEP: 6 - Apply Primer
- For the Tub Reglazing, the next step is a primer. The primer makes it possible to use it in a paint sprayer. Stair the primer properly before adding the mixture into the sprayer.
- With the help of a paint spray gun, prime the entire tub with approximately three light coats.
- After each coat, wait for fifteen minutes and then apply the second coat. Keep moving the gun while applying primer.
STEP: 7 - End Up With The Finish Coat
- For the finish coat, you need a balancing ratio of each chemical, such as four glossy white parts in one part of the catalyst and two thinner parts. After staring, it thoroughly pours it in a spray reservoir.
- The spray the three-four final coats of paint with duration of 15 minutes.
- As you perform this entire cleaning outside the house, after completion, when the tub gets dry, move the tub back into the bathroom.
- Install the plumbing fixtures and hookup with water lines.
STEP: 8 - Extra Tips Tub Reglazing
- As per the manufacturer's instruction, do not use the reglazed tub for specific hours, days. Normally not before 24 hours.
- Don’t lay the shampoo bottles, soap, and washcloths on the reglazed tub. It ruins the finishing.
- Do not use the harsh cleaners; always make use of spray cleaning and soft microfiber cloth. Keep on wiping the tub after each use; this step also maintains the finishing.
- Do not use the bath mats with suction cups.
- Keep up the caulking around the tub.
- Few manufacturers suggest the waxing for the reglazed tub, after four months along with urethane polish. The suitable steps suggested by manufacturers